IN THIS SECTION
Severe Weather Protocol
As in previous years we will only close under exceptional circumstances but may follow an alternative day as detailed below:
Staff will attend school as normal, and, where this is not possible, they must arrive before 9:30am, weather permitting.
School will start at 10:00am and follow a revised school day, as detailed:
10:00 am Period 3, including registration
11:00 am Period 4
12:00 pm Break
12:20 pm Period 5, including registration
13:20 pm Period 6
14:20 pm School finishes
- Students should leave for school having consumed a substantial breakfast.
- Avoiding a lunch period ensures that less water, ice, snow etc. is brought into the buildings, thus ensuring health & safety is kept as strict as possible.
- The early finish allows for students to travel home slowly and safely, and in full light; this also provides an opportunity for the Site Team to make the school ready for the next day (potentially, before things ice/frost over etc.)
- Where appropriate, staff will be allowed to leave at 2.30pm to ensure they travel home safely in daylight.
- Students will be able to purchase food during the break and those who are entitled to a free meal will be able to access their allowance at this time.
- Parents and Staff will receive a text message if the school will be following an alternative day and an announcement will be posted on the school’s website. If you do not receive a text then it will be a normal day.