IN THIS SECTION
Roding Valley was judged to be a ‘Good’ school with an ‘Outstanding’ Sixth Form by Ofsted in September 2022. Roding Valley High School converted to an Academy on 1st June 2018 and became a member of The Chelmsford Learning Partnership.
- Click here to view our Ofsted Report September 2022
Following the Ofsted Inspection of the school in March 2013 (please see the full report below) key findings were:
- Achievement is good. Most students now make good progress over time and achieve well
- Behaviour is outstanding…Students are polite and committed to their work. They feel safe and valued and their exemplary conduct contributes well to rapidly improving outcomes.
- A pattern of achievement has now been established where average G.C.S.E. grades are improving and are above average.
- The school benefits from a highly effective and committed Governing Body. Governors know the school well. They are highly supportive, with high expectations for future improvements. Staff, at all levels, are effectively held to account.
- Lessons feature good learning with a significant number that are outstanding. Most lessons are planned well and challenge and enthuse the students.
- Recent significant improvements in marking and assessment procedures contribute well to improved progress over time. Students are now provided with better and clearer information about their work and what they need to do to improve.
- The leadership’s strong emphasis on monitoring the quality of teaching and learning has seen many improvements and has helped to ensure that learning is now good.
- Welcome from the Headteacher
- The School Day
- Our History
- Ethos and Values
- House System and Student Leadership
- ACED Teaching & Learning
- Student Voice
- Personal Development
- Local Governing Body
- School Staff
- Privacy Notice
- Pupil Premium
- Financial Information
- Facilities for Hire