IN THIS SECTION
Local Governing Body
The school’s Local Governing Body would like to pass on their thanks and congratulations to the students and staff on an excellent set of examination results. They represent a great deal of diligence and hard work which has paid off with the school’s best ever GCSE results and some pleasing outcomes for the 6th Form leavers.
What is the role of the Local Governing Body?
The Local Governing Body (LGB) is a team of local volunteers with an interest in the school who bring their differing experiences to the running of the school.
Members of the LGB comprise parents, staff, and community appointees as well as the Headteacher and a Trustee.
Legal accountability for the running of the schools within the CLP Trust rests with the Trustees. The Trustees delegate responsibility for some functions to the LGB to ensure compliance with the vision and ethos of the Trust.
The local Governing Body is responsible for:-
- Monitoring and being accountable for standards
- Ensuring policies are in place and adhered to
- Ensuring a balanced curriculum is in place
- Responsible for staff appointments and appraisals
- monitoring the quality of teaching and learning
- Responsible for admissions, exclusions and complaints
- Agree and monitor the budget ensuring value-for-money
- Recommend targets and monitoring progress
- Acting as a critical friend to the school’s leadership team
- Promoting the interests of the school in the community
Occasionally vacancies occur on the LGB if so these are advertised by letter or Parent Mail. Parent vacancies are filled by election and Community Governors by agreement of the LGB. Anyone interested in joining should contact the Chair of Governors or the Clerk
Meet the Governors of Roding Valley High School:
- Paul Wershof | Chair of Govenors Co-opted Governor
- Sarah Jones | Vice Chair and Humanities
- Chrys Perera | Co-opted Governor
- David Tisdale | Staff Governor with link to Attendance
- Frank Solarz | Maths
- Gary Stone | English, Financial Monitoring and Challenge & Enrichment
- Margaret James | SEND and 6th Form
- Owain James | Science
- Paul Banks | Chief Executive Officer
- Pesh Kapasiawala | Safeguarding
- Sharon Famiglietti | Wellbeing and MFL
- Sharon Jenner | Headteacher
- Simon Bostock | Leadership & Management and IT/Business/Media
- Susan Wiseman | Health & Safety (including catering and trips/visits) and Parental Complaints
- Tony Barritt | Financial monitoring and 6th Form
- Sherron Alexander-Bedingfield | Clerk to the Governors